Fly Tying School
Contact Bob Wesolowski, email@example.com, for more information.
For more than 20 years our chapter has offered fly fishing and tying classes to area anglers. Our instructors are among the most experienced fly fishers in the area. Most have been fly fishing our local waters for decades.
This year, classes begin Tuesday, March 21 and conclude on Tuesday, May 16. The classes, which run from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm aer held at Horace Greeley High School, 70 Roaring Brook Road, Chappaqua, NY in conjunction with the Chappaqua School District Continuing Education Program.
Tuition is $175 and includes all materials used in class. Sorry, we cannot accept students under 18. Vises and assorted tools will be available.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for the tying school.
Here is what you can expect from each class:
Fly Tying Curriculum
- Week 1 - An introduction to tools, materials, techniques; whip finishing, Brassies
- Week 2 - Nymphs - Zebra midge, Czech Nymph
- Week 3 - Nymphs - Gold Ribbed Hare’s Ear and Pheasant Tail
- Week 4 - Nymphs - Woolly Buggers, Rubber Leg Stone Fly
- Week 5 - Soft Hackles and Flymphs - March Brown Spider, Tup's Indispensable
- Week 6 - Soft Hackles and Flymphs - Ginger Flymph, Woodcock and Hare's Ear
- Week 7 - Dry Flies - Adams Comparadum, Elk Hair Caddis, Cinnamon and Brown Emerger Caddis
- Week 8 - Dry flies - Adams Parachute, Adams
- Week 9 - Bonus: New member fishing day